To strengthen the development team VSTEP is looking for a Graphics programmer. As our Graphics programmer you will be the specialist on this terrain. This position is within the development department, which develops our maritime training simulator NAUTIS and the virtual incident training for first responders RS. You’ll be visualising realistic effects for our simulator, such as water (wave model, foam, refraction etc.), rain, snow and fire effects such as wildfire. Besides this, you will also be working on the integration of third-party systems in the rendering pipeline.
- A bachelor or master degree, preferably a Computer Science education;
- Both an artistic eye and a coding background;
- Excellent understanding of 3D math;
- Profound experience in C++ and shader languages like HLSL;
- Knowledge of Direct3D 11 or OpenGL;
- Experience with real-time 3D engines;
- In-depth knowledge of existing graphics techniques and algorithms;
- Experience of graphics optimization and performance analysis;
- Good communication skills in English.
- A team player but can also work independently;
- Willing to learn new tools, engines and languages;
- Full time available and eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- A professional, informal work environment, in the middle of Rotterdam – our HQ is located right across the Central Station;
- The chance to work on different international projects where there will be time to work on details, which make our software stand out;
- Working with top of the line technology, building software for Class A simulators with an experienced team;
- You can choose your own working hours between 07:00 and 19:00;
- 25 annual holidays;
- A permanent position;
- The possibility of arranging partially remote work;
- Competitive salary and benefits, like lunch and travel expenses.
Please note that we will store your personal information on our server for the maximum of four weeks after ending the application process. If you desire we can delete your information before that time. The request can be sent to email@example.com.
VSTEP is a leading International developer and manufacturer of simulators and virtual training software. VSTEP creates and manufactures maritime simulators and 3D virtual training applications for clients around the globe, both civilian and governmental. For more information, see www.vstepsimulation.com
When you are ready to apply please send your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio to Saskia via: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hear from you!