As a Maritime Simulation Engineer Intern at VSTEP you will be working on configuration and maintaining new or improved ship hydrodynamic models and performing virtual sea-trials. The internship will include gathering and analyzing reference data and applying this data, together with own background knowledge to configure ship models and components to a level of fidelity which meets the objectives within given projects, products or modules. You are able to provide support for the implementation and maintenance of current and new mathematical hydrodynamic simulation models.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Basic programming knowledge (Python, C++).
- Good communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch.
- An enthusiastic and quality-oriented attitude.
- A Dutch working permit.
- A team player, but also able to operate independently.
- Easy to communicate with and able to communicate with clients.
- Interested to learn new technologies.
- Able to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- A student of Naval Architecture, Engineering or Physics ideally with a focus on ship hydrodynamics.
Nice to have:
- Experience with hydrodynamics models.
- Affinity with virtual reality and real-time simulations.
- A professional, informal work environment, in the centre of Rotterdam – our HQ is located right across the Central Station.
- The chance to work on different international projects.
- You can choose your own working hours between 07:00 and 19:00.
- Internship compensation of €400,- and travel expenses.
Do not hesitate to contact our HR department if you have any questions via +31 (0) 10 201 4520.
Apply for this job?
When you are ready to apply please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to our HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we will store your personal information on our server for the maximum of four weeks after ending the application process. If you desire we can delete your information before that time. The request can be sent to email@example.com.
VSTEP is a leading International developer and manufacturer of simulators and virtual training software. VSTEP creates and manufactures maritime simulators and 3D virtual training applications for clients around the globe, both civilian and governmental. For more information, see VSTEP or LinkedIn page.