To strengthen the development team, VSTEP is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. This position is within one of our scrum teams which develops our maritime training simulator NAUTIS and the virtual incident training for first responders Response Simulator. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be doing hands-on software development and you will work together with other Senior Software Engineers and our Software Architect to design stable and future-proof simulation software. Our simulators are very scalable, from a single desktop to a classroom, up to a simulation center filled with large simulators, where multiple trainees will be training together. Of course, the software needs to remain stable and have an excellent performance. How would you handle this?
- You have a bachelor or master degree, in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience of C++
- Experience with real-time (3D) simulation software
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Good communication skills in English
- A team player but can also work independently
- Willing to learn new tools, engines and languages
- Proactive, accurate and attentive to details
- A motivator and a mentor, helping your colleagues to improve their designs
- Available full-time
- A professional, informal work environment, in the middle of Rotterdam – our HQ is located right across the Central Station
- The chance to work on different international projects where there will be time to work on details, which make our software stand out
- Working with top of the line technology, building software for Class A simulators with an experienced team
- You can choose your own working hours between 07:00 and 19:00
- 25 annual holidays/200 holiday hours
- The possibility of arranging partially remote work
- Competitive salary and benefits
Do not hesitate to contact our HR department if you have any questions via +31 (0) 10 201 4520.
Apply for this job?
When you are ready to apply please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to our HR department via email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we will store your personal information on our server for the maximum of four weeks after ending the application process. If you desire we can delete your information before that time. The request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VSTEP makes sure that you are prepared for real-life situations with our leading solutions for simulation and virtual training. Our state-of-the-art products allow you to train your skills for every scenario possible in a practical, cost effective and sustainable way. We are a Dutch based and ISO9001:2015 certified company. Stay up-to-date about the developments at VSTEP by subscribing to our newsletter or follow us on Linkedin.