To support our development team VSTEP is looking for a Maritime Simulation Engineer with a specialization in hydrodynamics. As the Maritime Simulation Engineer at VSTEP, you will be the one who configures and maintains new or improved ship hydrodynamic models and all relevant sub-systems for the simulation of ship motions. Responsibilities include gathering and analyzing reference data and applying this data, together with own background knowledge to configure ship models and components to a level of fidelity which meets the objectives within given projects, products or modules. You are able to provide support for the implementation and maintenance of current and new mathematical hydrodynamic simulation models
Maritime Simulation Engineer
- A bachelor or master degree in Naval Architecture, Engineering or Physics ideally with a focus on ship hydrodynamics.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Basic programming knowledge (Python, C++).
- Good communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch.
- An enthusiastic and quality-oriented attitude.
- A Dutch working permit.
- A team player, but also able to operate independently.
- Full-time available.
- Easy to communicate with and able to communicate with clients.
- Proactively willing to keep your knowledge up to date.
- Interested to learn new technologies.
- Able to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
Nice to have:
- Experience with hydrodynamics models.
- Affinity with virtual reality and real-time simulations.
- A professional, informal work environment, in the middle of Rotterdam – our HQ is located right across the Central Station
- The chance to work on different international projects.
- You can choose your own working hours between 07:00 and 19:00.
- 25 annual holidays/ 200 holiday hours based on a 40-hour contract.
- Competitive salary and benefits, like lunch and travel expenses.
VSTEP is a leading International developer and manufacturer of simulators and virtual training software. VSTEP creates and manufactures maritime simulators and 3D virtual training applications for clients around the globe, both civilian and governmental. For more information, navigate to our About Us page or follow us on Linkedin.
When you are ready to apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Saskia van der Zande via email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we will store your personal information on our server for the maximum of four weeks after ending the application process. If you desire we can delete your information before that time. The request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.