To strengthen the development team, VSTEP is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. This position is within one of our scrum teams which develops our maritime training simulator NAUTIS and the virtual incident training for first responders RS. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be doing hands-on software development and you will work together with other Senior Software Engineers and our Software Architect to design stable and future-proof simulation software. Our simulators are very scalable, from a single desktop to a classroom, up to a simulation center filled with large simulators, where multiple trainees will be training together. Of course, the software needs to remain stable and have an excellent performance. How would you handle this?
Senior Software Engineer
- You have a bachelor or master degree, in Computer Science
- Experience with real-time (3D) simulation software
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Good communication skills in English
- An experienced C++ developer with 5+ years experience
- A team player but can also work independently
- Willing to learn new tools, engines and languages
- Proactive, accurate and attentive to details
- A motivator and a mentor, helping your colleagues to improve their designs
- Available full-time
- A professional, informal work environment, in the middle of Rotterdam – our HQ is located right across the Central Station
- The chance to work on different international projects where there will be time to work on details, which make our software stand out
- Working with top of the line technology, building software for Class A simulators with an experienced team
- You can choose your own working hours between 07:00 and 19:00
- 25 annual holidays/200 holiday hours
- The possibility of arranging partially remote work
- Competitive salary and benefits
VSTEP is a leading International developer and manufacturer of simulators and virtual training software. VSTEP creates and manufactures maritime simulators and 3D virtual training applications for clients around the globe, both civilian and governmental. For more information, navigate to our About Us page or follow us on Linkedin.
When you are ready to apply please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Saskia van der Zande via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we will store your personal information on our server for the maximum of four weeks after ending the application process. If you desire we can delete your information before that time. The request can be sent to email@example.com.