Rotterdam, 11 September 2018 – VSTEP is pleased to announce the release of the new control box for NAUTIS maritime simulators. The new hardware solution includes high-quality ship-board control levers, an adaptive touch panel and a single cable connection. This new development highlights VSTEP’s push to deliver highly innovative training solutions.
“The development process of the control box involved many departments within the company including Software, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Product Management and our team of Master Mariners. On top of this, extensive feedback from customers and the DNV GL standards for Maritime Simulator Systems were weighed to achieve this optimal result. The control box’s innovative design was made with a focus on both cleanliness & simplicity as well as the best training value,” – Floris van Gessel, Product Manager of NAUTIS.
The new control box will assist VSTEP’s mission to provide leading training simulators that enhance customers’ overall training effectiveness. Continuous research and development and extensive feedback from customers paved the way for this new hardware solution. “We want our customers to continuously benefit from these innovations and in the long-term benefit from large cost savings, better trained personnel, and, first and foremost, optimal training conditions,” – Fabian van den Berg, Commercial Director at VSTEP.
The first control box is scheduled for delivery in a few weeks in Italy. It will be used there in combination with a portable NAUTIS desktop setup. Both products emphasize VSTEP’s effort to deliver tailored products that allow customers to derive maximum value from their training investment. The software at the heart of each NAUTIS simulator with the new hardware solution will ensure a realistic, true-to-life simulator experience.
- Cost reduction: Reduced amount of physical hardware controls.
- Sustainability: High quality components and real ship-board hardware controls.
- Stability: State-of-the-art architecture to reduce needs for support; calibration of control hardware is managed and stored inside the internal CPU. The use of ethernet ensures a stabile connection.
- Optimal training value: Vessel controls on the touch panel can be adapted to the actual selected vessel for training. Touch controls can be expanded or adjusted to the relevance for any type of training. The interface provides real-time control and status feedback on the touch panel and hardware indication lights.
- Ease of use: Real plug-and-play connectivity by using the latest technologies. The single cable connection interfaces full-duplex with the simulation software and supplies power to the internal CPU and integrated touch panel.
- Unlimited expansion: The technology enables an easy, low effort, but unlimited expansion of hardware controls and indicators for customised setups. In combination with the NAUTIS Control Station, any interface with any type of equipment can be made using our open high-level interface language.
VSTEP makes sure that you are prepared for real-life situations with our leading solutions for simulation and virtual training. Our state-of-the-art products allow you to train your skills for every scenario possible in a practical, cost effective and sustainable way. We are a Dutch based and ISO9001:2015 certified company. Stay up-to-date about the developments at VSTEP by subscribing to our newsletter or follow us on Linkedin.