Personal information collected
VSTEP will only collect personal information from you if we have a legal ground to this end under the GDPR, which might consist of your consent, a contract or a legal obligation hereto.
VSTEP collects personal information when users register themselves for our Services and Sites. Depending on the Service or Site, collected personal information could consists of name, address, date of birth, gender, and country.
If you make purchases through our Sites and Services, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work. We may also collect other data necessary to provide our Services, such as your postal code and details of your transaction history.
How we share personal information
The personal information that we gather are only accessible to those within VSTEP who really need to in order to perform theirs tasks and duties, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. VSTEP will never sell your personal information. Personal information is shared in the following circumstances:
- Your information may be shared with service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as accounting, marketing, and technology services. In accordance with the GDPR, we have data processing contracts with these third parties, which requires these services to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us, and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else. Third parties have to be comply to the same standard of privacy regulations as VSTEP.
- We share your information with financial institutions with which we partner to process payments you have authorized.
Your rights in relation to the use of your personal information
You have the following rights for personal information that we have of you:
- Deleting your personal information: you can ask us to delete (parts of) your personal information.
- Correcting or modifying your personal information: you can ask us to modify, update or correct your personal information.
- Objecting to the use of personal information: you can ask us to stop using all or part of your personal information or to limit its use.
- Access to your personal information: you can ask us to provide you with a digital copy of the personal information that we possess of you.
These rights can be exercised by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the following address:
3029 AM Rotterdam
Other important information
Children’s personal information
VSTEP does not knowingly request to collect personal information from or sell products to any person under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may only purchase VSTEP products with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Our Sites and Services use security systems that protect your personal information from unauthorized use. We monitor our systems regularly for possible security risks, but we are not able to guarantee the safety of information send by you.
Legal grounds for processing personal information
VSTEP only collects and processes personal information when a legal ground, in accordance with the GDPR, exists. Legal grounds could consist of a contract, permission given by you or other reasons.
How to contact us
3029 AM Rotterdam
You can also complain about our processing of your personal information to the relevant data protection authority in the country where you live or work, or in the place where the alleged breach of data protection law has taken place. For the Netherlands this authority is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, who can be reached through their website or by phone on +31 (0) 88 – 1805 250.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Usage, log data & cookies
When you use or interact with our Sites and Services, VSTEP also collects data on the usage of our Sites and Services, for which log data and cookies are applied. Cookies are small files our Sites can use to recognize repeat users and allow us to observe behavior and compile aggregate data in order to improve our Sites for you. The cookies are anonymous by default and are therefore not able to personally identify you.
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Surveys related cookies
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com